A few days ago I gave this task to one of my students:
Write an open letter to Á.J., president of the Hungarian Republic.
Your letter should be civilized, yet it should bring across your, and your nation's
In your letter:
- tell Á. about the 3 biggest problems of Hungary today (1 paragraph for each problem)
- mention your and the people's preference to fixing said problems. (1-2 sentences each)
- call the president's attention to the gravity of the problems once more
Your letter should be verbally strong, but not offensive or prejudiced.
An Open Letter to the President of Hungary
Dear Johnny Á.,
My name is ##>>\\||, but this is not important because I represent everybody in Hungary. I'm the voice of the people.
I, and the people write this letter to you, because the country is deep in shit. It is not an honor to be Hungarian anymore, it is a pain.
I want to address three problems which you need to fix:
1. It is very expensive and difficult to start a family today. Doctors are corrupt, the system is rigid and the childbirth is not natural. Less and less people want to have children. And without children this country has no future.
2. It is very expensive and difficult to start a business today. Taxes are sky-high, bureaucracy is impossible and administration seems endless. The government must make the life of companies and businesses easier and more flexible. Without companies the country will have no tax money and without money this country has no future.
3. It is very dangerous to be proud of being Hungarian. National pride is now nationalism and more and more people drop it. We must like, or love our country and our identity because without the love for Hungary this country has no future.
We ask you to open your eyes, start using your voice and act for the country and her people.
##>>\\|| and the Hungarian People